We’re going to make this quick and simple; insulation is not just for cold Midwestern winters. Its use in keeping out the cold works the other way around, as well (it’ll keep out heat). But it’s not really about fighting the outside temperatures – it’s more about keeping your indoor temperatures controlled without racking up a crazy electric bill. Here’s why having an insulated garage door is smart:
- Increases your home’s energy efficiency by mitigating heating or cooling loss from your living space.
- More durable and tighter fitting than typical single-panel doors because of their strong frames and dense centers.
- Quieter than other garage doors because of their tighter fit and heftier construction.
- Keeps the garage at a more reasonable temperature, so if you use part of the space for something like a workshop, it’s not stifling.
- Dampens sound transfer from outside or vice versa.